Jawatan Kosong Jabatan Bomba Dan Penyelamat Malaysia
Jawatan Kosong Bomba
About Jabatan Bomba Dan Penyelamat Malaysia (Bomba)
Jabatan Bomba Dan Penyelamat Malaysia or The Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department is the fire and rescue services agency in Malaysia. The Malay term ‘Bomba’ is borrowed from the Portuguese word bombeiros which carries the same meaning
The fire and rescue services in Malaysia started in 1883 with the establishment of the Selangor state fire and rescue volunteers squad headed by H.F.Bellamy with 15 crews. In 1946 after the World War II, the Malayan Union Fire Services (MUS) was formed with Flight Lt. W.J Gerumandi being appointed as the Director of Malayan Union Fire Services. MUS was based in Kuala Lumpur.
Through the Federation of Malaya’s agreement, the fire and rescue service was handed over to the state governments. The service was then integrated as a federal-level department on 1 January 1976, reporting to the Ministry of Housing and Local Government. On 15 May 1981, the department was renamed as the Malaysian Fire Services Department. Then, on 8 January 1997, the Cabinet has agreed to change the logo or insignia, flag and name of the Malaysian Fire Services Department to be known as the Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department, which are officially announced and launched in a ceremony held in Genting Highlands Fire and Rescue Station, Pahang on 21 February 1997, by The Honourable Malaysian Prime Minister of that time, Dr.Mahathir Mohamad-the fourth Malaysian Prime Minister.
Jawatan Kosong Jabatan Bomba Dan Penyelamat Malaysia :
Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia invites qualified Malaysians to fill the positions as below:
1. Pegawai Bomba Bantuan
- Malaysian citizen;
- Not a member of the Malaysian Armed Forces or of any forces or voluntary scheme established under any written law;
- Not less than 18 years old on the date of application;
- Lower Secondary Assessment (PMR) or a qualification recognized as equivalent by the Director General;
- Have the terms of physical and sensory measurements as follows: -
- Height of at least 1.57m for men and 1.53m for women without shoes;
- Weight loss of at least 48 kg for males and 46 kg for women;
- Having good vision;
- Color blindness and hearing by force; and
- Inspected and certified fit to serve by registered medical practitioners.
- Pass the tests prescribed by the Director General from time to time.
- Candidates must live or work within 5 km of the station or can be reached within 5 minutes to the nearest
Further information and how to apply, please follow :
Jawatan Kosong Bomba Closing Date : 11 July 2014